neljapäev, 25. oktoober 2018

Traces Assignment

The first 10 photographs were taken by my grandfather in the 50s and early 60s. These photographs are very sentimental to me. They tell a story about my family and where my roots are. My grandfather had a old wooden box full of old developed film that no one has seen for about 60-70 years, even more incredible is the fact that my grandfather has no idea they still exist. I have put hours into scanning film rolls and i have not gone through even half of them. When i first saw these pictures i was truly amazed. So many familiar faces all grown up now. My grandfather really had an eye for composition and now i am making my pictures to give out the same aura as my grandfather's pictures, the sense of happy memories and love for one another. It is hard to really understand the meaningfulness of these photographs if you haven't lived them, but i also know a lot of people who lived these memories and who will understand it. I will carry on scanning my granddads old film rolls and i will be making a album for my grandfather for Christmas, until then this will still be a secret that only a few know.


 My grandmother and my grandfather's sisters husband and their son.

 Young granddad in the middle.

 Grandfather's sister Aili.



 My grandmother and my mother, in the construction site of their first house. (They still live in that house to this day)

 Granddad Ants on the right. (Probably taken in Kihnu)

 My mother as a little girl, picture is taken in Pärnu.

 My grandmother's fabulous sister at the construction site of my grandparents home.


 This is my grandfather today.


 My grandmother's sister, riding her bicycle in their childhood home.

 My sisters son Mairon who will be turning two years old in the upcoming summer.

 My uncle looking for bees nests in the trees in my grandmother's childhood home.


 My grandmother in her childhood home near Pärnu.

 My grandmother Ruth and her sister Maimo in their childhood home. (Ridalepa, Lasna Talu)


The history will go on and so will go on the making of new memories. Family is important and so is the love we share with each other every day and i will never forget that.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar